Monday 1 October 2012

My Minoru Jacket Begins

On Saturday I received my new Sewaholic patterns (all the way from Canada).  So excited, but unsure about which pattern I would sew up first, I decided the best way to make this decision was a trip to the fabric shop!  


The Minoru Jacket was the winner!  The fabric is a light weight cotton twill in a winter white, and I'm going to call it that because 'beige' just doesn't sound appealing at all!

The lining is a tan and white, thin strip, that will just add a touch of class to the colour of the jacket.  The picture doesn't do the fabric justice at all, but then you will just have to wait to see the finished product.

This weekend was the beginning of daylight savings and I think this colour will make a very nice addition to my spring wardrobe, which when teamed up with jeans will make a very nice casual jacket for that evening barbeque.

Because I plan to make more than one Minoru Jacket I have decided to start by making the jacket without the hood. 

For the first time ever, I have washed the material before beginning.  So with fabric washed, dried and ironed today I cut out the pattern.

What I love about this pattern is that there were separate pattern pieces for the lining.  Oh and the fact that I, for the first time in my life, I will fit into a size 8 - not that the number of the size matters, it's all about how it fits in the end.

I can't wait to start sewing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment