Back in June I made my first pair of jeans with the much loved Jalie pattern. After wearing those jeans for a wee while I was keen to make small adjustments and try different styles.
Here's the list of adjustments for this pair
- lengthen the pattern by 5"
- narrowed the bootleg - not straight but not as flared as the pattern
- added depth to the waistband
- cut 1/4" off the CB yoke at the wasit only and tapered down
- drafted a flap for the back pocket and lowered the pocket placement
- lowered the curve of the front pockets
- added a coin pocket to the right front pocket - which didn't work that well!
This is only the second time I have sewn a fly front! It was much better than my first, but still has some improvement to do. I might need to make a skirt with a fly front!
For the back pockets I drafted pocket flaps using the shape of the bottom of the pocket and then lined them with some cotton (received in the Winter Swap), ideal match if you ask me. I also used the same fabric for the front pocket lining. haha have you spotted that I am missing a button!
I'm calling these my high heel jeans, as I can only wear them with high heals, or a boot as in these photos. Something I've never been able to do before - RTW can only be worn with flats because of the lack of length!!!
My next is a pair of skinnies :) I made further adjustments (more like tweaks) to the pattern immediately that I finished this pair, while it was still fresh in my mind. I got the fabric at the last Fabric Store sale ... so I'm good to go, just need a splash of time!
More photos on my Flickr -->