This is my third Granville Shirt. The first was HERE and the second HERE. But even though this was the third I felt that there were still further adjustments I needed to make to refine the fit.
For this version I left all the previous adjustments in place, you can get that list here, and then made the following tweaks
- Added 1/4" to front side seams
- Added 1/4" to the side back side seam - both these adjustments were so I could get more room around the body.
- Added 1/4" to each side of the sleeve under arm seam, tapered to existing wrist edge - again giving me more room around my arm.
- Added 1/2" to the length above the waist.
- this time I added 1" to the original pattern length of the sleeve.
For this version I included the pocket flaps - although this is the only tell tale sign that there is actually pockets there. They are lost amongst this lovely cotton poplin I got from Blackbird Fabrics. Including postage it worked out to be NZ$18 p/m which I thought was very reasonable.
Sadly I didn't take any photos of the inside, but I finished all the seams with a french seam finish, except for the armscye, which I finished with some Hug Snug binding. I also applied Hug Snug to the hem and then turned it up and sewed it down. It provided a much nicer finish to the hem rather than turning it up twice, especially around the curve. It makes the inside look interesting as well.
I'm really lovin this shirt and it works well with my Ginger Jeans.
More photos available on my Flickr -->