To be honest I had to see a few of these on the blogisphere before I went ahead and purchased the pattern. I am a Papercut fan girl and this pattern did not disappoint.
I knew I wanted to make a dress version rather than the tunic (oh but I have made one of those as well - more on that later). This required a few adjustments - here's what I did:
- Lengthen the front and back pattern pieces by 3", where the pattern recommends
- Below the armpit I lengthen the front and back pieces by a further 1/2", to lower the dart point
- I lowered the dart point by a further 1" and redrew the dart legs - so the apex was lowered by a total of 1 1/2"
- I removed 1/8" from the top of the shoulder - I have more of a square shoulder
- I inserted darts into the back to provide some shaping
The fabric falls so beautifully with the full lining, and the sleeves ... what can I say, they just add that special touch to what is a pretty simple dress.
I am totally in love with this dress and have worn it constantly this summer.
More photos on my Flickr -->